GBR Helicopters – your first choice for Commercial helicopter services…
We are a locally owned Australian company, established in Cairns in 1996 with operational bases in Cairns, Port Douglas, Mareeba, Weipa and the Torres Strait. The company employs approximately 80 staff with the Company HQ located on the General Aviation precinct of Cairns Airport.
Our pilot team bring thousands of hours of experience in aerial work operations and with a diverse range of more than twenty mission equipped aircraft including R44, Jet Ranger, Long Ranger and Airbus (Eurocopter AS350 B2), GBR Helicopters brings the highest degree of competency and value to a broad range of specialised airborne operations.
The aircraft fleet is complimented by competent support crews, mission equipped vehicles and specialized role equipment to handle any requirement, big or small.
With deep operational roots in the Cape York region, the geographical and logistical challenges associated with operations in the Far North are handled with ease, ensuring that our customer experience is one of, competency, professionalism and cost efficiency with an unwavering attention to safety and quality throughout every client engagement.
The company’s operations team is well versed in liaising with local authorities, Government agencies and emergency services, to ensure that the highest standards of compliance, safety and risk management are maintained throughout every project, wherever the service may be required.
The company’s maintenance facility comprises a team of licensed aircraft engineers, ready to travel to remote locations whenever engineering support for commercial operations is required.
GBR Helicopters is able to deploy resources quickly and effectively to locations throughout the region. Our extensive knowledge enables us to provide ‘on demand’ services safely, efficiently and reliably.
Our general charter and air work capabilities include:
- Lifting / Precision Long Line
- Marine Pilot Transfer – Day/Night
- Powerline Stringing / Inspection
- Mining Support
- Fire Management / Suppression
- Feral Animal Control / Culling
- Aerial Survey / Mapping
- Geophysical Survey
- Filming and Photography
- Search and Rescue
- Flood / Disaster Relief
GBR Helicopters boasts a broad range of commercial clients, including:
- TELSTRA – Field servicing remote locations, lifting, optical fibre surveys
- ERGON Energy – Powerline stringing, lifting, inspections, personnel transfers, vegetation surveys
- Rio Tinto – Marine pilot transfer, aerial incendiary, culling, personnel transfer, aerial filming
- MMG – Pipeline survey, personnel transfers
- James Cook University – Sea grass surveys
- Balkanu Coporation – aerial feral pig surveys / culling
- Powerlink – Power line surveys
- Miles Electronics – Lifting, personnel transfer, helipad construction
- Koolgarra Mines – Personnel transfers between remote locations
- Solomons Mines – Personnel transfers between remote locations
- Department of Primary Industries – Aerial surveillance and enforcement of remote fisheries locations.
- Department of Environment and Resource Management – Aerial incendiary, weed surveys
- Environmental Protection Agency – Aerial spotting
- CSIRO – Personnel transfer in remote locations
- AMSA – Search and rescue operations, lifting, construction and maintenance of lighthouses and navigation markers in offshore North Queensland
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Service – Fire spotting, flood relief
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service – Construction, incendiary burning, remote operations
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority – Aerial surveying, surveillance
- Torres Pilots – 24-hour Marine Pilot Transfers